Commission prices for Original Art Work by Darrell Goza
COMMISSION PRICES FOR Original Art WORK:
A = 8.5 by 11 inches - $55.00 [Pencil]
B = 8.5 by 11 inches - $75.00 [Pencil and Ink]
C = 10 by 15 inches - $125.00 [Pencil] (on 14 by 17 inch bristol)
D = 10 by 15 inches - $155.00 [Pencil and Ink] (on 14 by 17 inch bristol)
Done comic book dimensions, anything larger will have to be negotiated
Additional Pricing based on Complexity Level -
Each Additional Character add $40.00
Background added $35.00
More Complex backgrounds - $60.00 and up (depending on complexity)
Color work: message me (Home Page)
All work is done on bristol and is suitable for framing.
[ Star Eagle ©2014 Darrell Goza & GC/SG. All rights reserved. ]
Examples of A [$55.00 each, pencil] would be:
The Batman (http://tinyurl.com/4g8wzek),
The Phoenix (http://tinyurl.com/4fgllel),
Tarot would also be A (with the character of Supergirl added-http://nightray2002.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d388rda)
[$55.00 + $40.00]
Examples of B [$75.00 each, ink] would be:
The Hulk (http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac70/Nightray2002/Hulk.jpg),
ROM Spaceknight (http://s886.photobucket.com/albums/ac70/Nightray2002/?action=view¤t=Rom-w_McClain.jpg),
Examples of C [$125.00 each, pencil] would be:
The Thing (http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac70/Nightray2002/TheThing.jpg),
Superman (with a complex background added-http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac70/Nightray2002/Superman.jpg)
[$125.00 + $60.00]
Examples of D [$155.00 each, ink] would be:
The Flash (http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac70/Nightray2002/Flash.jpg),
The Traditional Spiderman (with complex background added)
(http://i886.photobucket.com/albums/ac70/Nightray2002/Spiderman-standard.jpg) [$155.00 + $60.00]
X-Men (with additional characters added-http://tinyurl.com/4pxbbt8) [$155.00 + $160.00]
What I will do:
Generally nothing is off limits including partial nudity and mild sexuality.
What I won't do:
Graphic sex scenes, gratuitous violence or pornography and/or violence involving children of any kind.
I reserve the right to refuse any commission regardless of content, though it would be highly unlikely outside of the above that I would do so.
Paypal is preferred, but other payment arrangements can be made. These will be considered at my discretion.
I retain the right to display the image(s) in any online or live gallery I choose. The image will not be offered as a print, making it a one of a kind piece. However, when purchasing a commission, you are not purchasing the right to produce printed material based on that image (mugs, mouse pads, prints, et al) even though you may show it off proudly!
Unless otherwise agreed upon, all prices are in U.S. Dollars, no exceptions. Commission prices are determined by adding the Base Charge for size to the Media charge and then to the Complexity Level. A $10.00 shipping and handling charge is placed on all orders to the U.S., for orders outside the U.S. the shipping charge is $25.00. Multiple commission orders may be combined to reduce shipping charges, this is negotiable. I do not ship to P.O. Boxes.
THE COMMISSION PROCESS
1. Email a commission inquiry to me. You'll need to include, Your full name, home address (no P.O. boxes accepted for home addresses), a daytime phone number, and your email address. I will respond either accepting the commission or denying it. Time constraints or other projects would be the only thing to impact my ability to do a commission. I do however reserve the right to deny a commission without explanation, though those instances are very rare.
2. You'll let me know what scene you'd like to see, and post a 25% down payment fee. This covers the time it will take for me to do a loose rough of the scene you will be buying and will go towards the purchase of the piece. This is a non-refundable fee, so be sure you intend to go forward with the commission. I will then produce a loose rough of the commission for your approval. At the completion of the tight rough and your acceptance of the it, an additional 25% (making the total at this point half of the commission price) is due before further work will be completed. This also goes towards the purchase price and becomes non-refundable. If you like the work at this stage you may also pay the entire commission price, if you so desire.
3. Once that payment is received, I will complete the commission with the media specified. When finished I'll send an email of the completed image but the full payment is needed before we ship the finished product.
Have any questions, comments, or suggestions? Feel free to Note me via email at Nightray2002@yahoo.com, put commission information in the subject line.
Commission prices for Comic Pages
COMMISSION PRICES FOR COMIC PAGES WORK:
Roughs - $20.00 a page. [panel two, page to the left]
Pretty much just the lightly sketched forms and environments to give you an idea of spacial placement and story telling.
Layouts - $65.00 a page.
Tight layouts with shadow indications and accurate figure forms and environments even though roughly done.
Full Pencils - $125.00 a page. [see examples below]
Ready to be inked pencils. The completely penciled page.
Pencils & Inks - $210.00 a page.
The completely penciled page, fully inked.
Inks - $100.00 a page.
This is for those who have a penciller and only need an inker.
Lettering - $35.00 a page.
All speech and caption balloons. Titles and chapter headings.
Logos & Display - $85.00 per Logo/Display.
These are not to be mistaken with corporate identity Logos. This is just for the comic character or comic title, not the company. Email for information on corporate identity packages.
Independent Companies (see below images for special pricing)
Examples of comic layouts, roughs, penciled pages, and inked pages
The process - pencils to ink on a page
The process - pencils to ink on a cover
Independent Comic Book Publishers, see here:
Independent Companies generally can't pay the industry standard rates. We offer a discount rate for bulk work using our 'artists in training' guided by our studio and/or networked professional artists. We guarantee the timely execution and quality of the work and you get the savings. The downside is that this is a 'pay up front' scenario and that 50% fee is non-refundable.
To keep this short, we're primarily concerned with the storytelling of a comic book or graphic novel project. Pretty pictures can only take a story so far. The point of any comic book story is to tell a story and tell it well. All of the companies we've done work for have realized a profit using our artists. Keep this in mind when requesting this service. We also offer suggestions to make a story better or more dramatic. That too is our stock in trade.
Stop by these pages and take a look at some of the artwork by some of our talented 'artists in training'. Click the SLIDESHOW button to see them at a larger readable size: http://scriptgraphics.weebly.com/standard-comics.html and http://is.gd/TY0Q51 (see strips: Lady Spiritfist, The Artifyce Connection, ThunderHawk and The Mission). You can also check some of the standard comics tabbed at the top of this page.
Some other examples of comic book interior work from books you may have seen on the stands can be found here: http://photobucket.com/DGcomicbookwork Stop through and enjoy the showing. Click on any image for a larger version to really see it.
All prices for this service are 85% of the posted comic book commission page prices (See commission prices for comic work, above). This should help keep you within your budget while helping you put out a product that best represents you. These prices are for a minimum of 8 pages at a time or any portion thereof.
Paypal is preferred, but other payment arrangements can be made. These will be considered at our discretion.
We retain the right to display the image(s) in any online or live gallery we choose. The story will not be offered except through the purchasing publisher as a published story, except partially as an addition in an anthology or portfolio of our work. However, when purchasing a story, you are not purchasing the right to produce printed material based on those images (mugs, mouse pads, prints, et al), you are purchasing first North American printing rights only. Subsequent printings of that artwork will have to be negotiated separately. You are not purchasing the original art either. That too can be negotiated separately. All artwork done by our artists remains theirs unless they want to sell it. This has been a tradition and operating procedure of ScriptGraphics since we first began doing artwork for publication and we see no reason to stop that policy now. Copyrights to the art, be it pencils, inks, colors, or lettering in the story remain in the hands of the individual creators doing said work. Character copyrights in the story are retained by the character owners and/or creators. This is only fair.
THE STORY ART COMMISSION PROCESS
1. Email a story art inquiry to us. You'll need to include, Your full name, home address (no P.O. boxes accepted for home addresses), a daytime phone number, and your email address. We will respond to set up a connection with the publisher or writer, whoever is more appropriate. Time constraints or other projects would be the only thing to impact our ability to do a story. We do however reserve the right to turn down any story without explanation, though those instances are very rare.
2. After seeing the story, we'll submit a fee invoice for the full amount to you through Paypal. This covers the time it will take for us to do loose layouts of the scenes you want in the story. This will go towards the purchase of our creative services. 50% of this is a non-refundable fee, so be sure you intend to go forward with using our creative services for your publication. At the completion of the loose roughs (where we work out most of the story with you) and your acceptance of them, an additional 25% (making the total at this point 75% of the purchase price) will be deducted before further work will be completed. This 75% is now non-refundable and applied towards the purchase price of the creative services, unless you discontinue going forward with the story. If you decide to stop, no matter what the reason, the balance of 25%, will be sent back to you and the job will be considered ended. If you continue forward, we now do much tighter pencils for your approval.
3. Once the email of your approval for us to go forward is received, we will complete the story with the specified media within an agreed upon timeframe. When finished we'll send watermarked, low resolution images of the completed pages in an email. A voucher for deduction of the rest of the payment will be sent, and after our receipt of that, and we'll arrange for you to receive the finished creative services product.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions or if you have any questions concerning this discount rate. Make sure you specify 'questions concerning discount story' in the subject line when emailing us at Nightray2002 or Aja Frost.